Sunday, November 6, 2011

My inspiration…

Hello everyone, this is my first time writing a blog. Although I am the Vice President of Camelia Institute, I prefer to remain in the background, which is the reason I haven’t been blogging as much as my partner Jennifer.


Having grown up in a very close Bengali family, I learned how important grandparents could be. My grandmother, or as I referred to her as my Nanu, was an amazing woman who loved me and cared for me since the day I was born. My grandfather took me everywhere and bought me anything that I wanted. I guess you could say they spoiled me. Nanu lived with my family and I for many years, and I watched her go from a woman who could walk for miles to someone who could barely walk at all. I loved spending time with her, and tried to help as much as I could because I knew that no matter what, I could never really be able to repay her for always taking care of me.


My grandparents were the source of my inspiration for this project. They showed me the meaning of love and taught me how important the elderly is to our society. If it were not for them I would not be the person I am today. Although Nanu is no longer here, she remains in my heart and is my source of motivation to help those in need. There are too many elderly out there who are living in impoverished areas and are unable to get proper treatment due to their immobility. Through the Camelia Institute, I am trying to do my part to increase elderly awareness and provide them with a better quality of life. Hopefully the equipment provided by us will help someone’s grandparent smile again.


I will try my best to post more blogs, even though I intend to remain in the background.


- Lutful Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment