Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shipment

It is almost that time to ship our donated equipment to the Dominican Republic!! We will be collecting equipment this weekend (exciting!!!). Then we will be ready to rock and roll-- well not really rock and roll, but you get my drift... My partner and I are crossing our fingers for this pilot project to be a success. Success to us means putting a smile on many of our viejitos (sweet way of saying senior's) faces. I can't wait!!

On another note: I finished talking to someone very helpful from Cibaeno Shipping Express, Ana. Ana was able to help me understand the process of shipping items over to the Dominican Republic, and helped me understand the process of who gets exonerated for taxes-- and how. (If you're reading this, thank you!) My dream is that we one day become large enough where we WILL need our own shipment container to send equipment overseas. It's okay though, "small steps to make BIG strides."

Please let me know if you have any questions about the process. As my partner and I have received a lot of information throughout this experience, we'd wish to pay it forward.


Have a GREAT day! :)
-Jennifer
P.S. I have to update the pictures I have of our very first donation, but I will wait until after our weekend pickups to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment